After an extensive review process, the Academic Senate voted to approve the Academic Planning, Assessment, & Resources Committee (APARC) and Academic Technology & Instructional Spaces Subcommittee (ATISS) recommendation that Sonoma State University adopt Canvas as our Learning Management System (LMS). Provost Vollendorf has approved that recommendation and campus will now begin implementing Canvas as our new LMS.
The transition to Canvas will take approximately 12 months; starting Summer 2018 and conclude by end of Spring 2019. The Fall 2019 semester will be the first regular semester exclusively on Canvas.
Get Started with Canvas:
- Get an introduction to Canvas with this Getting Started Guide
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request one or more Canvas sandboxes
- Attend a Canvas workshop to learn the basics, https://goo.gl/forms/79PNBbuR36u4bwEB2
- Inquire about the Online and Blended Teaching Excellence Program while you are there
- Request a one-on-one consultation with a Faculty Center LMS transition staff member
- Request access to the online SSU Canvas Self-Paced Course For Instructors
- Download the Canvas Teacher by Instructure Inc. mobile application (iOS and Android)
Those faculty considering an early transition may begin building their course(s) on Canvas by emailing email@example.com to indicate interest in a sandbox course. The developed course may later be easily imported to a live course, in preparation for teaching.